Sunday, August 30, 2009

Delaware Water Gap

Greg and I decided we had had enough of the concrete jungle and crowed streets. We needed to get out of the city and see some green. A few weeks ago we took a bus and in an hour and a half we were in Delaware Water Gap, PA. It felt so good to be in a sleepy little town away from the noise and all the people. We were surrounded by green grass, trees, and the Pocono Mts. After checking into the hotel we headed out for a hike on the near by Appalachian Trail. It was a good hike, it lasted a little too long because Greg and I thought we had found a short cut that ended up being a dead end, so we had to back track about an hour. I was getting a little grumpy, but finally we made it back to the hotel and hit the pool, which was such a treat! Other than going out to eat that night, Greg and I were just lazy. It was nice to do nothing but relax. I know now why every weekend in the summer New Yorkers get out of the city, it just helps.

1 comment:

  1. As great as this city is - it is always great to get out from time to time. Glad you had such a wonderful and relaxing trip. :)

    ReplyDelete