Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

While it is never easy to be away from family during the holiday's, Greg and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving here in New York. I didn't have to work this past week, and Greg had a short week which was so nice and it gave me time to prepare to host Thanksgiving dinner for some of the other medical students and their spouses who also didn't get to go home.

Teresa was our house guest starting Wednesday night to help me make pies, side dishes, turkey, and ham. Thanksgiving morning Greg was a good sport (he has been getting over a cold the kids have given him on his pediatric rotation) and got up with me and Teresa at 4:30am to go watch The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We lucked out with great weather and it was fun to see all the balloons so close, but next year I will enjoy it in my PJ's at home!

That evening we had a big pot luck dinner, everyone brought so much food and the company was a lot of fun. I have included pictures from dinner and a short video from the parade. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!










No comments:

Post a Comment