We made it back to the Tim Burton exhibit at MoMA. A group of us got together and we all found it really entertaining. I didn't realize how talented and funny Tim Burton's work is, and how many of his movies I have seen. His newest is Alice and Wonderland, and we can't wait to see it in 3-D.

Greg and I got lucky and got last minute tickets to see a taping of the Colbert Report. We did not stop laughing the entire time. The show starts off with a stand-up comedian to warm up the crowd, he was great. Then Steven Colbert comes out answers a few questions and then gets into character. It was so neat to watch how a show is taped and I am a little star struck.... next on the list The Daily Show!

This past weekend Greg and I joined Teresa and her friends to see Avenue Q. This has been one of the broadway shows I have wanted to see since we moved here, so I was glad to finally make it. It is a very sarcastic, humorous adult musical with a Sesame Street theme (half the characters were puppets)- telling a story of young adults trying to make it in Brooklyn. Loved it!

Then on Sunday in an attempt to enjoy the snow I talked Greg into helping me make homemade sleds. One was made of cardboard and duct tape, the other a small plastic storage bin. Needless to say both didn't work too well and we were heckled by the other kids in the park. Listen closely in the video, you can hear the kid comment on my cardboard sled. (The Abedi's joined in on the heckling too!) The sledding attempt was brief, and next year I'll spring for a real one. I was already eyeing one at the hardware store for $20, not bad.....
You crazy texans and your non-sledding childhoods! I took Scotty sledding for the very first time this Christmas. His response "I didn't realize you go so fast!"
ReplyDeleteHAHHA...go for the sled next year, it's totally worth it!
This southern California girl has never been sledding! Looks like fun! Glad you are enjoying the city.
ReplyDelete