Monday, December 27, 2010

Holidays

Some years it feels more like the holidays that others, this year was a low key year. Since I am the new nurse on nights I had no choice but to work Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas. This leaves little time on the holiday to do much more than sleep, eat a quick meal, and get back to work. Greg had the actual day off but not much more than that. We have been spoiled in the past by having weeks off around the holidays.

We were lucky and were invited to Thanksgiving dinner by our friends The Perey's. So I was able to have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner before jumping into a cab and heading off to work.

Christmas was saved by Teresa. She had always planned to come over and hang out even though I was working, and I am so glad she did. Greg became terribly sick (thanks to the family practice rotation he his on right now) and I was so tired from work, so Teresa cooked a nice Christmas breakfast and Christmas dinner for us. We exchanged a few gifts as well. If it wasn't for this Christmas would have come and gone.


Between the holidays I had originally planned to get out and enjoy NYC at Christmas time, which can be very magical. But this year all I have wanted to do is curl up and camp out on the couch. There are several reasons for this. First and for most, we are having a really cold winter making it miserable to be outside. And so far Creighton is not providing any extra warmth. And second I have to be near a bathroom at all times, which is pretty impossible in this city, which has made for some pretty uncomfortable moments. Once (and only once) I was so desperate I went into a subway station bathroom, yuck but I guess it beats peeing on yourself....

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year- You will find me and Greg at home on the couch this New Year watching the ball drop! Which sounds just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment