Living on the east coast has peaked my curiosity and passion for American history and trying good food from all over.What better place than Philadelphia, and it did not dissapoint. I knew we would get a great cheese steak and see the Liberty Bell, but I had no idea how rich the city was in American history. I now realize why it is called The Birthplace of America.
We started the day with lunch at Pat's King of Steaks, which was very yummy. Then headed over to Independence National Historic Park (which is completely free). We hit the high points but could have filled at least another day or two with museums and other sites. We saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed, the original chair George Washington sat in while presiding over meetings, and Ben Franklin's court yard where he lived and the tunnel he walked through to get home every day. It is so neat to know you are literally walking where the founders of America have walked. If you ever head this way add Philly to your list.
No comments:
Post a Comment