I have a job!!!! I began my job search today as I do everyday, I found a listing on craigslist and sent my resume. An hour later I decided to call and make sure my resume was received. After speaking with an employee for a few minutes I was asked to come to their office for an informal meeting to gain more information. Instead, when I got there I meet with the director and the president and about an hour later I was hired, I was stunned and excited.
My official title is Assistant Clinical Director! I will be working for The Avondale Group, they contract out clinical services to assist residents at high-end senior living facilities. I will be working out of their main office in Midtown Manhattan. My job is more administrative and quality assurance, to make sure correct daily care, procedures, and charting is completed by our nurses and home health aids in these facilities. I will also make on-site visits to our 3 facilities to ensure everything is running smoothly. I am super excited about the opportunity to get into management, the office is very laid back and geared toward excellent service towards our clients as well as helping their employees (me) grow. This job is also Monday-Friday 9-6pm, no weekends or holidays- how great is that!
Greg promptly took the evening off and we went out to dinner to celebrate, along with our good friends Britney and Ali. What a wonderful day!
Tomorrow my task is to go shopping for office attire, this is new for me, no more scrubs!
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes, positive words, and prayers.
5 years ago
Congrats on the job, that is awesome. Isn't it great when things just fall into place? It sounds like you guys are on settling into the NY life nicely. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job. I am glad the search is over. That can be such a pain sometimes. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! This sounds like a wonderful opportunity! We are so happy for you! XOXO
ReplyDelete